uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
CoffeeCone

Message # 421 | 4:32 AM
I think you can't have two (2) domains for a single uCoz site... But you can use sub-domains though...
E.g.
subsite.mysite.com

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Natashko

Message # 422 | 1:47 PM
KatrinL,
Quote (KatrinL)
can i attach one more domain name

No, you can't . Read more about subdomains in the first post of this thread.
Blazer

Message # 423 | 4:21 PM
what is this : The domain has incorrect set of DNS servers:

After you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.

The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Should i wait 12 hours ? i changed the name servers but it says the same ( UP )

If i helped you + My Reputation and Give me an Award.
Post edited by Blazer - Monday, 2011-01-24, 4:30 PM
Animorph

Message # 424 | 4:28 PM
Blazer, well you provided the answer yourself , You must change the name servers at the control panel of your domain registrar.
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Blazer

Message # 425 | 4:33 PM
is there is any video , showing me how to do it " .tk " ?
Animorph

Message # 426 | 4:57 PM
Blazer, no. unfortunately there isn't any video
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Blazer

Message # 427 | 8:23 AM
ok , i attatched the .co.cc domain , but when i open any other page ( it should be domain.co.cc ) i see domain .ucoz.co.uk
Natashko

Message # 428 | 10:30 AM
Blazer, please, provide a website name as well as the purchased domain name so we will be able to check
Blazer

Message # 429 | 10:57 AM
ok , i made this website to train on it , here is the link crysis-gamer.co.cc ( when you open any page , the url will change to crysis.ucoz.co.uk
Gembar-Gembor

Message # 430 | 11:11 AM
Because you it is not change your default URL in your main page yet. Change default URL in this section:

Now, click your "Plot" section, and URL be like this: http://crysis.ucoz.co.uk/index/plot/0-5

But, try to click with new URL, it is same: http://crysis-gamer.co.cc/index/plot/0-5

Attachments: 8708220.jpg (60.1 Kb) · 5780316.jpg (97.1 Kb) · 7011510.jpg (97.7 Kb)

Click here for read Forum Rules. You can find more in every sub-forum.
Blazer

Message # 431 | 11:19 AM
oh...thanks i will +Awards you , you really helped , what do u think about the website , is it good ?
Gembar-Gembor

Message # 432 | 11:23 AM
Simple cool and really modern design, i like it! Maybe in future i will be adopt your design for my future design hahaha.

Quote (Natashko)
Guys, if you want to discuss design - do it in Users Communication. This is not the correct place for it.

Sorry, i forgot that. I will be more take care about what are you say.

Click here for read Forum Rules. You can find more in every sub-forum.
Post edited by Gembar-Gembor - Tuesday, 2011-01-25, 12:15 PM
Natashko

Message # 433 | 12:03 PM
Guys, if you want to discuss design - do it in Users Communication. This is not the correct place for it.
Blazer

Message # 434 | 1:41 PM
where is the users communictaion ?

Blazer, http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/25

ok , thanks

Post edited by Blazer - Tuesday, 2011-01-25, 1:51 PM
Natashko

Message # 435 | 1:49 PM
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: