uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
gadget

Message # 556 | 11:03 AM
Anshu, consult your domain technical support for domain parking.
Happiness comes to those who are moving toward something they want very much to happen. And it almost always involves making someone else happy.

LOL
Gadget
Natashko

Message # 557 | 11:48 AM
Anshu,
Quote (Anshu)
My UCoz website address is udf.ucoz.com and my domain name is www.teamudf.com

I have checked and you haven't started parking the domain yet. Please read the first post very carefully and start parking it by Method 2. If you face the difficulties again, do not cancel the parking, but let us know about your actions.
Anshu

Message # 558 | 2:36 PM
Quote (Natashko)
I have checked and you haven't started parking the domain yet. Please read the first post very carefully and start parking it by Method 2. If you face the difficulties again, do not cancel the parking, but let us know about your actions.

I had started parking before and it was not doing anything just keeping on counting 5 minutes and then after 5 minutes again started counting.

Anyways I have started the parking and have not cancelled it as you advised.

Again my ucoz website is udf.ucoz.com and the domain is www.teamudf.com

Also four days back I had told my Domain registrar to update the name server records to ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net

Thankyou.

Added (2011-08-10, 8:16 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (gadget)
Anshu, consult your domain technical support for domain parking.

Already did that and they have updated the name servers to ucoz name servers :-
ns1.ucoz.net
ns2.ucoz.net

I also asked them why can't I attach it to my ucoz website. They said everything is fine on there end and told me to contact my webhost(i.e. UCoz)

Also just to check I tried attaching my domain to my website at x10hosting.com
And it was successfully attached and was also opening after 4 hours from parking it.

Thankyou

Added (2011-08-10, 8:20 Am)
Also wanted to ask that since I have a .com based domain and since ucoz name servers are on .net

So will it be the cause of this problem? Because at my domain registrar FAQ I found this :-

Avoid assigning Name Servers such that a .COM and a .NET (Anchor: comrules) domain name depend upon each other for resolution, since such a configuration will not work.

Example 1
Lets consider the domain names yourdomainname.com and yourdomainname.net. You should not assign Name Servers to these domain names as indicated below:
yourdomainname.com: ns1.yourdomainname.net and ns2.yourdomainname.net as Name Servers
yourdomainname.net: ns1.yourdomainname.com and ns2.yourdomainname.com as Name Servers
The above limitation, however, is not applicable to domain names under the same TLD (extension).

Example 2
Both the below-mentioned configurations will work properly:
Configuration I:
yourdomainname.com: ns1.yourdomainothername.com and ns2.yourotherdomainname.com as Name Servers
yourotherdomainname.com: ns1.yourdomainname.com and ns2.yourdomainname.com as Name Servers
Configuration II:
yourdomainname.net - ns1.yourdomainothername.net and ns2.yourotherdomainname.net as Name Servers
yourotherdomainname.net - ns1.yourdomainname.net and ns2.yourdomainname.net as Name Servers

Added (2011-08-10, 8:36 Am)
Thanks a lot Natashko, gadget and Sunny.

My domain was attached to the ucoz site finally. biggrin

I just left it and it got parked. biggrin

Cheers UCoz Team !!

Natashko

Message # 559 | 2:36 PM
Anshu,
Quote (Anshu)
Also wanted to ask that since I have a .com based domain and since ucoz name servers are on .net
So will it be the cause of this problem? Because at my domain registrar FAQ I found this :-

No
You need to wait for the domain to be parked. Then go to the Control panel of the domain name and indicate our ns-servers: ns1.ucoz.net , ns2.ucoz.net. After that go to Control panel of the website->Domain transfer and wait till the button of finishing the domain attachment process will become available.
Do not cancel domain parking under any circumstances.
Anshu

Message # 560 | 2:55 PM
Quote (Natashko)
No
You need to wait for the domain to be parked. Then go to the Control panel of the domain name and indicate our ns-servers: ns1.ucoz.net , ns2.ucoz.net. After that go to Control panel of the website->Domain transfer and wait till the button of finishing the domain attachment process will become available.
Do not cancel domain parking under any circumstances.

Ya that was the mistake I did, actually it is written that after 5 minutes the button must appear but since it was not appearing I was cancelling.

Well now its parked and thanks for your help biggrin

Cheers !!
Zevoxa

Message # 561 | 10:18 PM
My domain says this:

I didn't make any changes? Help?
Attachments: 2910174.png (11.4 Kb)

I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 562 | 4:06 AM
Poptart, this message means you need to make sure that in the .tk mangement panel you have to set your domain to have a custom set of DNS and set the first one as ns1.ucoz.com and ns2.ucoz.com. Once these have been changed wait at least 4-12 hours for it to update the domain settings.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Zevoxa

Message # 563 | 4:21 AM
So what do I put here?
Attachments: 8739086.png (9.4 Kb)

I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 564 | 5:33 AM
You will need to put in the following DNS's.

dry Sorry don't have the IP addresses. Refer to Natashko's post below for them wink
Attachments: 0684291.png (20.4 Kb)

Natashko

Message # 565 | 8:37 AM
Poptart, you put: ns1.ucoz.and ns2.ucoz.net in the fields Server name. If it will not allow you to "Save" without indicating IP addresses, use: 195.216.243.104 and 208.100.5.254
Iorga805S

Message # 566 | 10:57 PM
After I attached a domain, How long must I wait for to be valid address?
Post edited by Iorga805S - Monday, 2011-08-15, 8:22 AM
Natashko

Message # 567 | 10:05 AM
Iorga805S,
Quote (Iorga805S)
After I attached a domain, How long must I wait for to be valid address?

Up to 24 hours
DEEPKG

Message # 568 | 4:26 PM
Need Authcode For my ucoz site !! i m just register a domain name with name .com ANY help how and and where i get this !!
I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 569 | 4:32 PM
DEEPKG, could you clarify what you mean by authcode? What does the domain provider ask for exactly when they request the authcode?
DEEPKG

Message # 570 | 4:38 PM
Quote (Paradox)
DEEPKG, could you clarify what you mean by authcode? What does the domain provider ask for exactly when they request the authcode?

https://manage.name.com/domain-transfer sad
Attachments: 3242126.png (50.0 Kb)

I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: