uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 586 | 6:23 AM
Poptart, this has occurred to me before. All I did was wait and eventually it stopped redirecting. I would also advise to check in the CP what link is being used as the $HOME_PAGE_LINK$.

Good luck, wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Zevoxa

Message # 587 | 7:32 AM
Paradox, Thanks smile
I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
Natashko

Message # 588 | 8:46 AM
Poptart, domain name igame4you.tk is not attached to any of uCoz websites. However domain name igfy.tk is attached to igameforyou.ucoz.com
chr0me

Message # 589 | 1:39 AM
Hay..i bought a domain name for ucoz servers. attached it. done. But it still says ucoz.com when i go to the domain name..shouldn't it say, mydomain.com? ect, i go to the site pkingscape.org it still says, pkingscape.ucoz.com. how can i change this? i want it to say pkingscape.org on all pages. i already attached it. 5 hours ago.
Zevoxa

Message # 590 | 2:04 AM
chr0me, did you use the uCoz DNS sever's on your domain?
I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
chr0me

Message # 591 | 2:49 AM
yes i did. i changed the name servers on my domain name to the ucoz servers.

Added (2011-09-26, 8:49 PM)
---------------------------------------------
no i changed the name servers and attached it is all i did.
Post edited by chr0me - Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 4:09 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 592 | 4:14 AM
chr0me, to correctly attatch a domain you need to first have the correct name server; ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net. After you have done that park the domain on the uCoz servers and once that has been completed select the attatch button. (for method 3, other methods will have different steps)

Once the domain has attathed open Control Panel > Common Settings then select the necessary boxes so that the old domain redirects automatically to the new one and that the new one is the primary domain.

Hope this helps, happy

chr0me

Message # 593 | 4:16 AM
im pretty sure i did this..i can also use pkingscape.org/admin soo it must be working
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 594 | 4:17 AM
Quote (Paradox)
Once the domain has attathed open Control Panel > Common Settings then select the necessary boxes so that the old domain redirects automatically to the new one and that the new one is the primary domain.

Hope this helps, happy

chr0me

Message # 595 | 4:22 AM
LOL wow..i should of looked for that. Thanks!.

Added (2011-09-26, 10:22 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Oh 1 more thing i added a subdomain on godaddy were my domain is registard but the subdomain is not working..do i need to add it on ucoz too?

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 596 | 4:27 AM
chr0me, I'm not sure about that. I have never got the hang of subdomains but I am assuming if it is added to GoDaddy correctly it shouldn't need to be added to uCoz as long as the IP address of the server has been inputted correctly.

Hope this helps, happy

chr0me

Message # 597 | 4:29 AM
okay thanks again.
Natashko

Message # 598 | 1:07 PM
chr0me,
Quote (chr0me)
i go to the site pkingscape.org it still says, pkingscape.ucoz.com. how can i change this?

I have checked your website and as far as I can see, the problem has been resolved.
Quote (chr0me)
Oh 1 more thing i added a subdomain on godaddy were my domain is registard but the subdomain is not working..do i need to add it on ucoz too?

Please read more about subdomain s here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-435-6436-16-1218803195
Mark-ucoz-co-uk

Message # 599 | 5:41 PM
ok so I am trying to set up host name server but it asks for an Ip adress what would the ip adress be?
Check Out Rservices & RandomAndroid at: http://http://www.randomness-fun.com/ Hosted by Ucoz also come come check out our official Android IRC chat room at: http://www.randomness-fun.com/index/rservices_irc_chat/0-34
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 600 | 1:19 AM
Mark-ucoz-co-uk, if you are meaning to use attatchment method 3 and park your domain on the uCoz servers you need to use the domain servers; ns1.ucoz.net & ns2.ucoz.net

Hope this helps, happy

uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: