Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Can't connect to a uCoz website (server is not available, site is down, site inaccessible)
Can't connect to a uCoz website
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:23 PM
Please check uCoz Server Status' in the following thread before posting: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-14706-1

When posting messages here, make sure that the website is inaccessible for everyone and not just for you.

• Provide the link to the inaccessible website.
  • Specify its server number if you know it.
  • Post the traceroute results (see the instructions here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-1 ). If your website is inaccessible and you see Error 500 or 404 there is no need in providing the tracing results.
  • Indicate your IP address
  • If you can open the website in one browser, but can't do it in another, it means that there is a problem with browser settings or firewall.
  • If other users can access your website and you can't, most probably there are problems at your provider's end. See more here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-467-2258-16-1206449310

VILEGaming

Message # 166 | 3:51 PM
Same thing is happening with me and my site.

Site: http://vilegaming.clan.su

I'm hoping the server is just down, I hope i didnt lose anything!
Blazer

Message # 167 | 3:51 PM
VILEGaming, your site is working fine... atleast for me
If i helped you + My Reputation and Give me an Award.
Post edited by Blazer - Friday, 2011-06-10, 0:58 AM
VILEGaming

Message # 168 | 3:52 PM
Odd. I cannot access it from any of my computers, or not even from my mobile device. Thanks for checking though. I'll just sit it out.

Thanks again. biggrin
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 169 | 3:52 PM
I haven't heard anything but my best guess is that the server your site's on is currently down. This should only be a temporary issue and the server will most likely be back online within 12-24hrs or less.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
IQ

Message # 170 | 3:52 PM
hi I my site http://amarbangla.ucoz.com/ is not working from yesterday. i have tried ie, chrome and opera no luck. opera shows this warning 'Could not connect to remote server

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.'
and chrome showing
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to amarbangla.ucoz.com
Try reloading: amarbangla.­ucoz.­com
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of amarbangla.­ucoz.­com
Go to ucoz.­com

can you inform me whats going on. thank you
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 171 | 3:52 PM
IQ, my best guess is that one of our servers is currently down. This issue is generally resolved within 24hrs or less.
khen

Message # 172 | 3:52 PM
how about my site http://www.gefinance.net ?

I cannot access it too?

IQ

Message # 173 | 3:52 PM
thank you Paradox for your prominent reply. I was little bit worried. thank again.
Baxx43

Message # 174 | 3:53 PM
IQ - I have same problem yesterday but today it is working good... idk wtf.. but work wink

@topic

And have second problem with page. When I log in to the site next show me this error:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<ajax>
<cmd p="innerHTML" t="blk549758">
<![CDATA[
<div align="left" style="padding:10px;"><div class="myWinLoadSD"></div></div>
]]>
</cmd>
<cmd p="js">
<![CDATA[
var ad=window.location.href.replace(/#(.*)?/,''); setTimeout("window.location.href='"+ad+"?lzYMMt'",'1000')
]]>
</cmd>
</ajax>

What is going on ? Why I have this error ?
Please to help me, B.Thanks in advance wink
Mortius

Message # 175 | 3:53 PM
Hi, my site is having major issues. People from the UK can access it, some, and only some, from the USA can't. This has been going on for two days, this being the third. It can't be based on area either because i have two brothers that live in the same city and one can access it and another can't. I'd link the site but to be honest it won't matter as you'll either see it or it'll time out before it loads.

Anyone else having the same issue? It's only a hobby site but my members are getting a little anxious that they can't get on.

peace

Mortius
Post edited by Mortius - Friday, 2011-06-10, 11:49 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 176 | 3:53 PM
Server 47 is back up and running the last I've heard. If you are experiencing continued problems my most likely guess is that your site is hosted on another server or that there is an issue at your end.
Mortius

Message # 177 | 3:53 PM
there can't be issues my end as i can access it fine. As i said it's only some members, 7am this morning was the last update i had from a member who still couldnt acccess. (7am GMT, like 1-3am USA time)

I ran a country access check like you recommended on another thread and gere are the results

Los Angeles, CA, US Ok
Bloomsburg, PA, US Ok
Medan, Indonesia Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Orlando, FL, US Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Kansas City, MO, US Ok
East Lansing, MI, US Ok
Amsterdam, Netherlands Ok
Amsterdam, Netherlands Ok
Kiev, Ukraine Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Kansas City, MO, US Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Scranton, PA, US Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Scranton, PA, US Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Montreal, Quebec, Ca Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Los Angeles, CA, US Ok
Roubaix, France Ok
Nuremberg, Germany Ok
Montreal, Quebec, Ca Http error:Http_client.Bad_message("Unknown reason (e.g. unexpected eof, timeout)")
Kiev, Ukraine Ok
WanChai, Hong Kong Ok
Hampshire, UK Http error:Unix.Unix_error(_, "check_connect", "ewaefed.ucoz.com:80:Connection timed out")
Halden, Norway Http error:Unix.Unix_error(_, "check_connect", "ewaefed.ucoz.com:80:Connection timed out")
Dallas, TX, US Ok
Haarlem, Netherlands Ok
Riga, Latvia Ok
Frankfurt, Germany Ok
Dallas, TX, US Ok
Frankfurt, Germany Ok
London, UK Ok
New York, NY, US Ok
Kharkiv, Ukraine Ok
SPb, RU Ok
Scottsdale, AZ, US Ok
Seattle, WA, US Ok
Moscow, RU Ok
Minsk, Belarus Ok
Nuremberg, Germany Ok
SPb, Russia Ok
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Ok
Birmingham, UK Ok
Dallas, TX, US Ok
Kharkiv, Ukraine Ok
Chicago, IL, US Ok
Moscow, Russia Ok
Falkenstein, Germany Ok
Dallas, TX, US Ok
Moscow, Russia Ok
Nuremberg, Germany Ok
Erfurt, Germany Ok
Tarnowskie Gory, Poland Ok
Muenchen, Germany Ok
Lansing, MI, US Ok
Gunzenhausen, Germany Ok
Donetsk, Ukraine Ok
Kiev, Ukraine Failure("Domain lookup failure:ewaefed.ucoz.com Exception:Not_found")
Dallas, TX, US Ok
Roubaix, France Ok
Woodstock, IL, US Ok
Toronto, ON, CA Ok
Gunzenhausen, Germany Ok
Kiev, Ukraine Ok
Falkenstein, German Ok

Obviously only the failures matter. Anyway, thanks foor the prompt responses

The address is http://ewaefed.ucoz.com
Natashko

Message # 178 | 3:53 PM
mati, we have experienced temporary problems with the server your website is on. They have been resolved. Your website works fine now.
VILEGaming, khen, your websites are on the other server. and there is nothing wrong with it. I was able to access your websites. If you still face some difficulties, please do the tracing of the website and sent us the results. See the instructions here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-1
Mortius, I suggest your users that have problem accessing your website do the following:
1. Disable your firewall, antivirus while running diagnostics;
2. Disable the traffic saving services (e.g., Traffic Compressor);
3. Disable the torrent client or any other services that can create a lot of connections, if any;
4. Try to use another browser or update the current one.
5. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser
Mortius

Message # 179 | 3:53 PM
that would be fine, except...

1. They all lost access at the same time
2. It was around ten people, maybe more
3. Some have tried different browsers AND computers

So unless they all had an incredibly bad stoke of luck and all their systems changed at exactly the same time to no longer allow access this doesn't help, though i do appreciate the suggestions.

And it doesnt explain the host tracking results

There has to be problems your end. Are all your servers opperational?

I don't mean to come across rude, i hope i'm not, but it would be too much of a coincidence that they all got personal problems with their comp at the same time, i hope you can understand that

Peace

Mortius
Natashko

Message # 180 | 3:54 PM
Mortius, your website is on the server 47. We faced temporary difficulties with it, but they have been resolved. Though, we are aware of the fact that some users still can't access websites on this server. At present, we try our best to resolve this problem. I suggest you and your users wait. I will inform you as soon as the problem is resolved.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Can't connect to a uCoz website (server is not available, site is down, site inaccessible)
Search: