Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Can't connect to a uCoz website (server is not available, site is down, site inaccessible)
Can't connect to a uCoz website
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:23 PM
Please check uCoz Server Status' in the following thread before posting: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-14706-1

When posting messages here, make sure that the website is inaccessible for everyone and not just for you.

• Provide the link to the inaccessible website.
  • Specify its server number if you know it.
  • Post the traceroute results (see the instructions here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-1 ). If your website is inaccessible and you see Error 500 or 404 there is no need in providing the tracing results.
  • Indicate your IP address
  • If you can open the website in one browser, but can't do it in another, it means that there is a problem with browser settings or firewall.
  • If other users can access your website and you can't, most probably there are problems at your provider's end. See more here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-467-2258-16-1206449310

joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 1186 | 7:49 PM
Clyde, your IP address has been temporarly blocked due to sending too much requests in a short time. It should be fine after a couple of hours.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Clyde

Message # 1187 | 7:56 PM
bigblog, what does that mean... "too many requests" ?

I can access the site with one browser... but not with FF or opera.

Added (2015-05-24, 7:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I just logged in with tor browser and there are members logged in... but if i try with other browsers I get the error and can't get in. The problem started earlier today.

Ucoz Website Since 2009
Post edited by Clyde - Sunday, 2015-05-24, 7:51 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 1188 | 8:13 PM
Clyde, the problem is only for your IP. You may use a proxy, VPN or something like it in Tor.

Too many requests means that you have sent (performed POST or GET operations) too frequently in a short time interval. I do not remember the exactly limitation.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Clyde

Message # 1189 | 8:23 PM
bigblog, Oh I see ... so then it would affect all other users too... I didn't know that since it never happened before at the site. I was at the panel this morning and didn't do much else. Iit's still a mystery at this point. Thanks for the info tho...
Ucoz Website Since 2009
Mir

Message # 1190 | 4:36 AM
Felicia, Thank you!
The issue was solved.
Especial thanks to Evgeny Kurt!
Sunny

Message # 1191 | 5:54 PM
Quote Clyde ()
so then it would affect all other users too

Quote Clyde ()
I was at the panel this morning and didn't do much else. Iit's still a mystery at this point.

The most probable reason is a custom script. In this case it may affect other users as well. Please make sure there are no scripts on your website that send automatic requests to the server more often than once per minute simply when a visitor is on the website or when he moves a mouse cursor.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Clyde

Message # 1192 | 2:33 PM
Sunny, Yes you are right.

The problem was this script for pm notification I installed the other day:

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/38-15585-111929-16-1419765486

I removed it and all issues have disappeared biggrin

Ucoz Website Since 2009
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 1193 | 9:15 PM
Clyde, you can change 3000 to a bigger value (e.g: 15000) and the problems will not re-appear.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Andrushka

Message # 1194 | 2:52 PM
my site....www.indian-serials.com is not working.... it says " Not Found

The requested URL /admin/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." I can't get even in the control panel...please help cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 1195 | 3:08 PM
Andrushka, your site is not hosted on uCoz.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Andrushka

Message # 1196 | 10:14 PM
Yes, it is
Sunny

Message # 1197 | 8:42 AM
Andrushka, please provide the uCoz URL of your website.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Felicia

Message # 1198 | 3:39 PM
Andrushka, you need to go to the control panel of your domain (registrar's page) and make sure you have the correct Name Servers (NS): ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net . After, go to the CP of the uCoz website and reattach the domain. Use this link to login: http://indian-serial.ucoz.com/admin .
Good things come to those who wait!
Ed05

Message # 1199 | 5:57 PM
What is going on? s104
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Friday, 2015-06-26, 5:26 PM
Ed05

Message # 1200 | 5:57 PM
Works again smile
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Friday, 2015-06-26, 5:26 PM
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Can't connect to a uCoz website (server is not available, site is down, site inaccessible)
Search: